There are definitive correlations between doing something different and taking potential risks, and finding more success. Have you counted the number of times you have gone outside of your comfort zone…each day or week? Once…twice…more?
If you go outside of your comfort zone and challenge yourself to take even a small risk just one time per day, would you be wasting time or making opportunities? What is the cost/benefit of doing something different?
Think about this. What would happen if one day you decide to do something different than you usually do…just for 30 minutes? Maybe you decide to tackle the challenge of:
• Advertising in a bold way in a niche magazine
• Calling a potential strategic alliance to ask for a first meeting
• Reaching out to another professional at a much further point in his/her career to ask for advice
• Calling a referral who has not been responding
• Hosting an event with your best clients and their friends
• Reaching out to a prospect when the trail has gone cold
• Or making a proactive client call and discuss a contact of theirs on LinkedIn
What could possibly happen?
Yes, there is a real challenge with having a lack of time to do something different. But time blocking 30 minutes in a day (no more than that) to complete one bonus “risk” activity may just be worth it! So challenge yourself today.