Surviving – and succeeding – in corporate America while adapting to the different business cultures of Walmart, Campbell’s and Jim Beam. That’s what our guest, the “Velvet Hammer”, Mindy Mackenzie has done. She’s a speaker, author, CEO consultant and lecturer.
In this episode, Mindy shares the success she had when her executive team delivered a 106% return to Beam, Inc. in a span of 4 years.
Then, Mindy talks about her decision to take a step back from the corporate world to pursue other activities. You’ll hear about the decision-making that went into her declining an amazing offer that would have potentially made her the first woman CEO in the spirits industry.
Lastly, she gives advice on how to choose the right mentor for you and how to turn a low-caliber team into an elite group of A-players.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
• How to execute your ideas better.
• How to choose your mentors.
• The strategies on how to develop a top caliber team.
• Strategy is never the thing. People can come up with beautiful strategies but at the end of the day, it’s the execution that matters. And the key to great execution is your relationship with people; because you get things done through people.
• Finding the right mentor starts with setting-up your boundaries and having a concrete expectation of what you want to get out of the relationship.
Related Links & References:
• Mindy Mackenzie official website: www.mindymackenzie.com
• The Courage Solution: www.mindymackenzie.com/books/
• The Five Dysfunctions of a Team by Patrick Lencioni: The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable
• Mindy’s email address: email@example.com
• Mindy’s Twitter handle: www.twitter.com/mindy_mackenzie
• Mindy’s Facebook profile: www.facebook.com/mindy.mackenzie