If you are interested in hiring employees, recruiting advisors, or developing a succession plan for your firm, how important is a compelling value proposition?
We know that a value proposition is important when attracting prospects. But perhaps just as important for the longevity and profitability of a business is a value proposition that attracts the right internal team who become the face and engine of the firm.
Do you have a strong value proposition for why people should join your team?
Here are some questions to ask as you formulate your compelling recruiting value proposition:
• What do potential hires or recruits want? How do you know that is what they want?
• Why would someone choose your firm over others?
• What is the best thing about your firm?
• Why have others chosen you?
• Why do your current employees/advisors stay with you?
After coming up with your best value, consider developing a 5 to 10 slide capabilities deck that would clarify “why you?” Often these decks will highlight your current people, your unique process, the path to advancement, the culture of the firm, the benefits they will derive, etc. In other words, answer clearly, ‘what’s in it for them?’