Everybody has a book inside of them. Join Judy Weintraub as she talks about writing your own book and making a name for yourself.
Judy is an attorney, entrepreneur and business executive. As a founder of SkillBites – a book writing service company – she’ll share the benefits of writing your book in terms of credibility, marketability and customer awareness. Listen as she talks about a popular topic: self-publish or get a publisher? Next, she’ll discuss the importance of having a clear, specific goal before publishing your book (E.g. Attracting big-ticket projects, build credibility, earn from royalties and so on). Doing so will help you make the most out of your effort.
She’ll also talk about another topic of her expertise – negotiating. Discover why it’s hard for us to negotiate and her tips on getting what we want through the power of negotiation. She’ll even explain why going to court to settle a dispute is THE WORST decision you’ll ever make. And what other option is available to you that’s more viable.
Then, she’ll share 2 touching stories. One is about a client who is in his mid-80’s asking her to write a 300-page memoir about his wife and his upbringing. The other is about a woman who has a terrible disease who wants to share her experience.
Lastly, she’ll teach the techniques on how to handle negative situations and remain positive all throughout.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Is writing your book really worth an effort today?
- How to get your book done quickly.
- Her thoughts about the benefits of self-publishing against getting a publisher to do the work for you.
- Some of the reasons why her clients are writing books.
- The reason why negotiating is such a challenge, especially for women.
- The main source of legal disputes plaguing the society for the last 5 years.
- The most surprising thing that happened to her as a lawyer and as a businesswoman.
- How she was able to switch from handling negative situations for clients and then turning positive to help others publish their books.
- Going to court is not the best option. In fact, it’s the worst option that you have.
- Everybody has a book inside of them.
- Women are very good at solving problems – we solve problems all the time.
- Writing your own book is a great way to market your services and build your credibility. However, it’s tough to write one. Fortunately, there are roadmaps and systems in place that can help you get the job done.
- Getting a publisher is rewarding. But it’s tough to find one who will work with novice authors. On the other hand, self-publishing can be a lot quicker. What’s more, you get 100% of the royalty.
- You got to lay out your plan before you start writing your book. Identify your goals as well as your target audience. Ask yourself what you are going to do with the book once you published it.
- When you prepare prior to the negotiation, you’ll come across as someone who has conviction and confidence; thus, the other party will respect you more.
- In handling negative situations, try to put yourself in the other person’s shoes and understand where they’re coming from.
Related Links & References:
- Skillbites official website: SkillBites.net
- Weintraub Legal Services official website: com
- The Essentials of Negotiating Effectively link: The Essentials of Negotiating Effectively by Judy Weintraub
- How To Build Successful Business Partnerships link: How To Build Business Partnerships by Judy Weintraub
- Women Don’t Ask link: Women Don’t Ask by Linda Babcock