How do you build a competent, driven team in the midst of dynamic change in your organization? Are you doing the right things to keep your team motivated, move forward and produce?
Join Leadership Investment’s Woman of The Year, Carolyn Paul, as she discusses the importance of communicating and reaching out to your team in a personal level in order to bring progress to your organization.
Find out how she built her credibility and success in the financial services industry and how you can do it as well. She’ll share with you the value of listening to your customers and how it helped her become a leader in her field.
She’ll also talk about being a turnaround specialist and how she finds the right people to include in her team.
Lastly, she’ll discuss how to reach out to mentors and how to find the right person to help you increase your chances for success.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Learn how she dealt with the bias existing within the financial services industry.
- How she moved forward despite the risks she encountered along the way.
- How she became a “turnaround specialist” – an expert in issues like: mismanagement, building strong teams and bringing people with special skill sets that drive success in an organization.
- The challenges she faced as a turnaround specialist and how she overcame them.
- The things that you can do to create better teams or stimulate activities in an existing team to make them better.
- The keys to keep your employees motivated, engaged and have an entrepreneurial mindset.
- How she gets the drive to bring it on in every endeavor she do and come up successful every time.
- How you can reach out and find mentors so you can develop the skills necessary to put you on top.
- I think the universe puts us where we were supposed to be.
- Even if it feels like you’re just saying it as a joke – if you just say it out loud – that things will come into fruition.
- People find out so much more about us when we don’t say anything; than tell them how much we know.
- Listening, understanding and communicating well helps you to build the confidence and credibility to be successful.
- The more time you spend with the people that you’re working with – the more communication that you have with them – the better it will be.
- Leaders have to understand that those they add to their team must have the same work ethic and values as themselves. Those qualities include dedication, loyalty, true caring for the team as well as for the client, honesty, integrity and responsibility for self.
- We make mistakes. But all we have to do is own up to it and figure out a way to fix it. And that’s one of the most important thing to being successful: taking responsibility for yourself.
- The key is to make sure that people in your team feel comfortable with the change that’s happening around the organization.
- Sometimes, it would be better to seek advice outside your organization. Network, connect and be involved in organizations like the chambers and the Rotary.
Related Links & References:
- ANB Financial Services: anbbank.com/InvestMgmt/aboutus.html
- The Leadership Investment Woman of The Year: theleadershipinvestment.org/success-forum-leadership-awards-2014
ANB Bank Press Release “CAROLYN PAUL RECEIVES WOMAN OF THE YEAR AWARD FROM THE LEADERSHIP INVESTMENT “ (October 3, 2014): www.anbbank.com/Community/pdf/PR_CarolynPaulLeadershipInvestment.pdf
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Email | RSS | More