If there’s one tip Jennifer Fleming can share for leaders, it’s to have a relentless drive to learn new things and to reinvent themselves.
As a former IT professional, seasoned communicator, media insider and head of a PR firm, Tall Grass PR, Jennifer gives advice on giving successful interviews, standing out in the market place and positioning yourself for success.
She reveals her tips on how to project yourself well on and off the camera.
Lastly, find out how she was able to successfully transition herself from being in IT to running her own company – and how you can do that as well.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How she helps her clients stand out in the present marketplace.
- The first qualifying question she asks every time she has to work with someone.
- Her advice about preparing for an interview and getting the most out of it.
- How to appropriately present yourself depending on the nature of the interview.
- Is there a difference between a woman and a man when they’re being interviewed?
- The challenges she had to go throughout her career – from being an IT professional to running her own PR firm.
- Tall Grass’ success story around DocuSign.
- The importance of social media as a tool for PR firms in terms of brand awareness.
- How to position yourself in such a way that leaders in your organization take notice of your expertise and skills.
- Image is everything.
- Don’t dress for the job you have. Dress for the job you want.
- You don’t always have to be an expert, but you have to give it your all.
- Be willing to take the risk, but be also smart to take the risk.
- Be open to other opportunities.
- You can reinvent yourself and you can be anything as long as you’re passionate about it and you have an opportunity to grow.
- You have to be your own cheerleader. Nobody’s gonna do that for you but you.
- Businesses have to identify their goals first when looking for a PR firm to promote them.
- It’s better to get “raindrops” of coverage and a thousand better hits rather than having a singular media moment.
- People who are preparing for an interview should rely on their PR team to make the coverage successful.
- Always project energy and be yourself when doing an interview. Because that’s the reflection of your brand.
- Wearing a nice dress – whether on camera or off – makes you feel nice and that comes through your voice, in your action and the way you project yourself.
- Having a backup plan makes us more relentless to reinvent ourselves and be more courageous to learn new things .
- Manage your risk by having a backup plan.
- Applying a corporate mindset when doing your personal inventory allows you to position yourself as a brand so people recognize how good you are.
Related Links & References:
- Tallgrass Public Relations official website: tallgrasspr.com
- Jennifer’s official Twitter account: com/jkfleming
- DocuSign success story case study: DocuSign
- Tallgrass PR email address: www.tallgrasspr.com/contact or email@example.com
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Email | RSS | More