Having video on your website is easier and more effective than ever. You can probably think of a few reasons not to use video; but from a marketing perspective, there are so many more compelling reasons that make integrating video into your site an absolute must. Here are just some of the benefits:
- Video grabs the viewer’s attention. The internet is filled with text and pictures. Therefore, a short, well-scripted video often stands out to consumers. It helps you build a relationship with people that you may or may not ever meet, and adds a truly personal touch to your website.
- Video increases credibility. Video can make you and your offerings more believable. Using video on your website allows you to demonstrate the significance of your services. You can even mix the videos up and have staff explain service information, as well as answer questions. All of this brings increased credibility to you and your firm.
- It’s easy. Almost anyone can create and upload a video; there are dozens of reference sites that make uploading, embedding, and sharing video almost simple. You don’t have to be a professional to do it; in fact, your audience will be a lot happier if you aren’t, because it adds a layer of authenticity and credibility.
- Video is more compelling than text. Visuals are far better in explaining or presenting information and products than plain text or still pictures and graphics. It is a very direct approach that gets to the meaning of what you are saying much more quickly than static text.
- It has the potential to go viral. If your video is more than just information and includes a little something extra in terms of entertainment or added humor — it may spread and be talked about!
What video content could you add to your website?