Just how important is relationship-building to business, despite it not being part of your job description? A firm believer in relationships and collaboration, Leslie Grossman, author, entrepreneur, and co-founder of the Women’s Leadership Exchange, speaks of the importance of face-to-face communication today.
She talks about her book “Link Out”, which has her findings on the best ways to connect with people in order to further your business and career. She discusses as well what she discovered to be the common factor most successful women have. She also shares some tips on how to connect with people better, especially for those who have quiet and introverted natures.
No matter what industry you are in, relationships are necessary for your personal growth and career advancement. Let Leslie inspire you to connect and collaborate with others in genuine ways in order to become wildly successful.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
• The best way to build trust and genuine relationships with other people.
• Why collaboration is important in business and in gaining more opportunities.
• What the most exceptional sales people have in common.
• Tips on how to network better.
• We need to link out… and actually meet with people face-to-face if we’re going to build trust and relationships.
• We have to get out of the “me” generation and become more of the “we” generation to build trust and have the best results for everyone.
• I think whenever we can create something wherein everyone wins, (we) make magic.
• Even though there are many ways to connect with people today, face-to-face communication trumps the use of digital tools and social media. Having conversations this way is the best method to build trust between people.
• Having genuine curiosity and care for other people makes you understand others better, and, as a result, you will find out what makes them tick and what motivates them in order for them to collaborate with you.
• Collaboration goes a long way to advancing careers and building organizations.
Related Links & References:
• Leslie’s website: http://lesliegrossmanleadership.com/
• Leslie’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lesliegrossmanvistage
• Leslie’s Twitter handle: https://twitter.com/leslie_connect
• Women’s Leadership Exchange: http://www.womensleadershipexchange.com/
• The Everest Project: http://www.everestproject.org/
• Link Out by Leslie Grossman: https://www.amazon.com/Link-Out-Network-Lasting-Connections/dp/1118380584/
• The Connectors by Maribeth Kuzmeski: http://www.theconnectorsbook.com/
• Give And Take by Adam Grant: https://www.amazon.com/Give-Take-Helping-Others-Success/dp/0143124986