Today, more companies are thinking about starting “benefit corporations” to strengthen their social corporate responsibility.
But what is “benefit corporation” (B-Corp)?
Join Dina Simon, CEO of Simon Says Lead, as she explains the reason behind forming a benefit corporation to support her daughter’s non-profit organization.
You’ll also learn about the initiatives her daughter – Mandi – is working on through Simon Says Give (a non-profit organization for children). To date the non-profit has served over 17,000 children.
Afterwards, she’ll talk about her book, “Make Unstoppable Simple”, and how it came about as a result of marketing strategies her team is developing for Simon Says Lead. Next, she’ll explain the two keys to marketing success for every business owners and marketers. Then, she’ll break down the key components of a leadership development program and how you can implement the same initiative in your organization.
Lastly, she’ll share her thoughts about women being in equal stature as men within an organization.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What’s a “benefit corporation” and why build one.
- Her daughter’s inspiration behind building her own non-profit organization: Simon Says Give.
- How her passion for writing and storytelling led her to publish her book, “Make Unstoppable Simple”.
- The key to success in sales.
- Her opinion behind the notion that introverts are not as good in sales as the extroverts.
- What’s a leadership development program and its key components.
- Can women really have it all?
- Can women have it all? But what does “all” mean to you?
- It’s so much fun to experience the losses together with somebody else to help you and then somebody else to celebrate the wins with.
- A big part at being good in sales is listening.
- You can break down any difficulties into small pieces of challenges and solve them.
- You can only get so far by yourself. If you want to be successful, you’ve got to involve people who are better than you.
- Success in sales doesn’t rely solely on an individual — but rather, it’s a team effort. So whether you’re an introvert or an extrovert, you’ve got a place in a marketing team.
- Having a structured leadership development program allows your company to nurture your best assets – your leaders – and help them grow beyond their present capacity.
- The possibility is always there for us to get what we want in life. It’ just a matter of knowing what we really want in the first place.
Related Links & References:
- Simon Says Lead official website: simonsayslead.com
- Make Unstoppable Simple Amazon link: Make Unstoppable Simple: Creative Problem Solving in Life and Leadership
- Simon Says Give official website: simonsaysgive.org
- Book by Maribeth Kuzmeski and Lizzie Kuzmeski: The Engaging Child