The need to reinvent ourselves is something many of us face at some point in our lives. In this interview, learn from best-selling author Gail Martin as she discusses her own experiences of reinvention, as well as the stories of many who have gone through their own journeys of transformation.
Gail talks about her own brushes with reinvention in her life, as she shifted careers from being a top executive at a Fortune 10 company to becoming a well-known storyteller with more than 15 fiction and nonfiction books to her name.
She also speaks about her upcoming book “Fresh Start Success: Reinvent Your Work, Reimagine Your Life and Reignite Your Passion”, which features many stories of people who have gone through different life changes and have since emerged stronger and more successful.
Like most of Gail’s heroes in her fiction books, a lot of people can also look at transformation as terrifying and liberating at the same time. As such, Gail tries to impart a message that will hopefully help people chart their own reinvention in their own lives.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
• That reinvention is inevitable for many people, and that they reinvent themselves in many ways.
• The challenges of reinventing yourself and the people you can connect with to make your reinvention easier.
• The striking similarities between large corporate American companies and small businesses.
• I gotta figure out how to reinvent myself because the old me just isn’t an option anymore.
• The reinvention process is the chance to take everything you’ve learned and done so far and bring it all to fruition and make your passion come through.
• If I could show you how other people have done it, maybe you’ll see enough of yourself in it that you could put the pieces together for yourself.
• Reinvention is a difficult process. It is therefore a good idea to look towards your colleagues, your network, and existing opportunities to help ease you into your reinvented self.
• As there are many people reinventing themselves in many ways, there are many stories that you can go over if you are having difficulties in your journey of transformation. There may just be a person you can identify with that will help you see that you are not alone in your reinvention.
• Bringing a sense of transformation to your personal branding can be a good idea.
Related Links & References:
• Gail’s Twitter handle: twitter.com/GailMartinPR
• Gail’s Linkedin: linkedin.com/in/gailzmartin
• DreamSpinner Communcations’ official website: dreamspinnercommunications.com
• 30 Days to Social Media Success: The 30 Day Results Guide to Making the Most of Twitter, Blogging, LinkedIN, and Facebook by Gail Martin: amazon.com/30-Days-Social-Media-Success/dp/1601631308
• Learn more about Gail’s fiction books here: www.ascendantkingdoms.com