Prefer to listen over read? Check out this short video on the 5 Digital Marketing Trends.
Whether you are just starting or have been thriving for decades, your future success will depend on your ability to adopt trends in digital marketing.
While many firms have preferred face to face sales and marketing in the past, this way of doing business has been swiftly overshadowed. The future of digital marketing has hit us over the head and may just be here to stay.
Here are some key developments in digital marketing shaping this new reality:
1) Virtual Business Changes May Become Permanent
While the pandemic may have originally catalyzed this deeper push into the digital sphere, this shift may have a longer-lasting impact than anticipated. Not only do virtual interactions accommodate continued safety concerns but allow businesses to reach a larger audience in both a more convenient and more cost-effective way.
From online events to digital courses to virtual prospecting, the virtual meeting place saves both parties time and money. Prospects can meet with potential service providers from the comfort of their living room or on the go from their phones. There is no need to arrange for travel or block out hours of the day to commute to an in-person meeting. Business owners don’t have to reserve expensive venues for events, print paper products to hand out, or worry if enough attendees will show up to justify the cost.
Convenience and ROI alone will be enough to keep this trend afloat with or without a pandemic afoot.
2) Your Website and Social Media Presence will be Instrumental in Purchasing Decisions
Social media channels like Facebook and Instagram have normalized shopping in a quick and easy way through in-app links. Consumers are now accustomed to moving from a mental “yes” to a “buy now” option in an instant.
Consumers will expect this same ease of use when making other purchasing decisions, as well. How does this translate?
Your website and social pages won’t just present information, but influence the purchase decision, as well. Think distinct differentiators, calls to action on every page, clear value propositions, and freebies you can offer your visitors that prompt them to make that initial contact.
3) Publish or Perish: Creating Content to Leverage Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of improving your website’s visibility on search engines. Essentially, it improves your site’s chances of being seen by consumers when they search for businesses like yours.
There are a number of ways to improve your SEO without hiring an SEO expert to overhaul your website.
- Publish: Search engines reward you for frequently publishing new content to your site. Post new content – blogs, podcasts, videos, webinars—on topics deemed interesting by your target prospects. Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) pieces are a great example because they are educational, informative, and will likely contain many of the keywords your audience is searching for.
- Update Google My Business: When someone searches for a business near their location, the top ranked business will show up first through Google My Business. To move your business up the list, make sure all your information is up to date, matches the information on your website, and uses keywords that are relevant to what you offer. Reviews also work wonders to boost your ranking, so you may consider asking some of your closer clients to take a few moments and fill one out for you.
4) Virtual Events Have Incredible ROI
Through multiple research studies and in-depth interviews with some of the most successful financial professionals from across the United States, Red Zone Marketing has uncovered the most profitable, game-changing event ideas for boosting your business. We found that the cost to run these events is low and the prospect conversion is higher than some popular in-person dinner seminar strategies. Think virtual cooking classes or happy hour podcast interviews. These types of events are cheap, engaging, and most of all—fun!
5) Pay-per-click Advertising—is it worth it?
In the past, pay-per-click advertising got a bad rap for not being worth the expense. But perhaps this digital shift has changed all that. According to the Google Economic Impact report, businesses are getting a $2 return for every $1 they spend on Google Ads. That’s an outrageous return on investment!
In order to make the most of your ad, be sure to utilize the top trending keywords in your industry. Tools like SEMRUSH.com’s Keyword Magic Tool can help you gain a competitive edge in your ad campaigns and maximize return on your ad spend.
Have you adopted any of these trends into your marketing strategy? What’s holding you back?
The Financial Advisor’s Guide to Digital Marketing and Prospecting
Take advantage of the most powerful marketing techniques working right now to attract new clients, cultivate referrals, and grow your brand. Download a copy of the pdf today!