Take this quick assessment to predict your marketing success in 2018 and find areas to improve.
1. Do you have an up-to-date website with at least one call-to-action? This call-to-action can be to get people to interact, sign up for an email newsletter, request valuable information, download an article/whitepaper, register for a seminar, etc.
Value: 5 points for one or more calls-to-action. _______
Value: 5 additional points for each call-to-action that is already generating qualified leads. ______
2. Do you have video on your website that is about 1 minute in length that gets views each week?
Value: Give yourself 5 points. ______
3. Do you have a marketing activity that will generate a minimum of 5 new qualified prospects each month (seminars, events, mailing, email campaign, networking, niche targeting, strategic alliance referrals, client referrals, etc.)?
Value: 5 points for each activity/strategy that has been proven or will be likely to produce qualified prospects: ____
4. Do you have a list of more than 500 prospective leads to email and/or mail?
Value: 5 points and 5 extra points for each additional 500 prospects on your list. _______
5. How often do you contact your list of prospective clients?
Value: 10 points for monthly contacts of email, mail or calls: _____
6. How many prospects do you have on your “hotlist” – those you feel have a high likelihood of doing business with you this year?
Value: 1 point for each hot prospect. _____
7. How many referrals did you receive in 2017?
Value: 1 point for every referral that became a client? ______
Total Score? _______
Predict Your Success:
- Top Producer: Score of 80 to 100+ points – you will likely have a great year!
- Marketing Up and Comer: Score of 50 to 79 points – you are building a strong pipeline!
- Just Getting Started: Score of 30-49 points – you are on the right track but to acquire the new business you deserve, more attention may need to be paid to your marketing.
- Opportunity Alert: Score of 0-29 points – you have all sorts of potential to use marketing better to generate prospects and new business.
Good luck and good marketing in 2018!