Did you miss The Advisor Thought Leader Summit last week? I hosted the summit with Marie Swift of Impact Communications. The event turned out beyond our expectations! There was a full room, delighted attendees, gracious sponsors and an amazing lineup of speakers including a media personality and producer, multiple New York Times best selling authors, TEDx speaker, and powerful marketing and video experts. Each attendee recorded their own thought leader video that they now can use online and in their communications.
If you were unable to attend – fear not! Here are seven critical takeaways from the event:
- Powerful videos are possible for introverts, extroverts and everyone in between, when proper thought and preparation occurs.
- Compliance is not an issue if video and media are done properly.
- We all have a TED talk within us that needs to get out.
- The secret to great video is to prepare to speak in sound bites.
- Fitting in to a sea of sameness is not effective for videos, media, marketing or new business acquisition.
- Paying attention to your body language is critical for the BEST video.
- Taking a little bit of time to practice recording video is not optional, it is essential to producing exceptional video.
Thank you to our wonderful sponsors especially John Hancock Investments, White Glove Workshops, FlexShares, AssetTV, The Client-Driven Practice, and Oranj. We are in the process of planning our next event for April 2019. Stay tuned!