Can you clearly describe your value? It’s something you should be able to do at any time. If you can’t do it at this time, we’re here to help. Describing your value should be direct, simple, and understandable to grab the attention of your prospects.
Here is our Messaging Your Value Formula that will help you truly stand out:
- Focus your message on a target.
- Describe what they want that you offer.
- Share how you are different than others.
- Have a story that proves it! <– This step is critical. Stories resonate.
Below is a statement from a financial advisor. He works with many different types of target markets and people. However, when he is talking with a business owner, this is what he shares:
“We are a financial advisory firm that specializes in working with business owners. In fact, to date, we have helped more than 60 business owners successfully sell their business and move on to the next phase of their lives.”
Here is the breakdown of the differentiating message:
- Focus your message on a target: Business Owners
- Describe what they want that you offer: Guidance in selling a business
- Share how you are different than others: Understanding of business owners really want (hint: they don’t “want” a 401k)
- Have a story that proves it! More than 60 business owners…
The key is to describe your value clearly following the Messaging Your Value Formula. Marketing to the masses is fine for some, but ineffective for most. Focus on grabbing the attention of the person right in front of you.